Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Last week was kind of a fun week for life drawing.  We got to go on a field trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and the Bodies exhibit in the Mall of America.  I have been to MIA before so that wasn't really new to me but the Bodies exhibit was incredible.  It was displays of real human figures showing the different systems of the body.  Not only have I never seen anything like that before, but it really makes you think about your own body and how everything functions together.  It is also nice to see the real thing versus models or charts that are much more stylized.  My favorite part of the exhibit was the blood vessels and realizing the mass of them!  It looked kind of like a big knotted mess, but very delicate.  
When we had class again on Thursday we started working on the skull which is what my drawings are that I posted.  This is the first time I have ever really worked on drawing the "head" of a person before so it was really interesting.  I am still nervous to draw an actual face but this was a good start for me to understand the features of the face.  We also had a homework drawing of our shell again.  We had to use the same shell with a different pose on a huge piece of paper.  I tried working on my line weights for this drawing and I think it turned out a lot better than my earlier drawings.  I am actually pretty happy with what it ended up to be.  Drawing on larger paper got me out of my comfort zone a little and I still don't really like drawing that big but it was a nice experiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment