Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I have been having a rough time with this class lately, with the drawing that is, not so much the mannequin.  We did some long poses and more contour drawings, which are my favorite things to do, but for some reason I really wasn't getting into it this week.  It could be that my stress level is through the roof with graduating and my other classes as well.  I went home to my parents house this weekend to hopefully get some things done and I worked on my shell there.  As much as I like contour drawing, I don't think this one turned out quite like I wanted it to be.  I think I need to do a little more overlapping and improve my line quality a bit.  One thing that I did differently for this drawing is I used a pencil and it was something I really enjoyed.  It allowed my to be more delicate with my work and I felt like I had more control with it.  So far I have only had one really good week where I felt like I understood everything really well and since then I haven't gotten back to that so I want to make that my goal this week.  I am going to try to go into it with a positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment