Sunday, December 20, 2009

I AM OFFICIALLY A UW-STOUT GRADUATE! YAY ME!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43995678@N02/

I am finally done with school and I couldn't be happier!  I am a little nervous on what is going to happen next but I am so relieved that I am done.  The link I have added connects to the rest of my drawings I did for this semester.  I did not have to redo my mannequin so I still have pictures of it from the last time.  Since midterm I found we didn't do very many gesture drawings, which is totally fine by me because I still don't enjoy doing them.  Instead we focused more on certain parts of the body such as the feet, hands, skull and face.  
I definitely think my strengths are working with hands and feet.  They are very similar to each other in detail and I enjoy drawing their awkward forms.  As far as the face goes, I still need much more practice on it.  I have never really drawn the face before so when I had the chance I found myself second guessing myself on what I was drawing, which in turn causes me to draw really slow so I never really accomplished too much besides the eyes and nose.  I also think my long poses of the whole body have really improved since midterm and are incredible compared to when I first started this class.  My drawings are much more detailed and my line work has improved.  I also believe my proportions have gotten better as well and I can understand the sizing of certain body parts better.  
Overall, I cannot believe this semester is over.  It has gone by so fast I feel like I just got to life drawing where I was really nervous to start.  I am really glad I chose this class because it is something I have never done before and was a great experience.  In my future I know this class will help me with my sketches instead of drawing stick people.  I will encourage everyone to take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment