Sunday, September 13, 2009

...and we're back!


I am excited to say this is my very first blog I have ever done before! 
I am a graphic design student and am actually graduating in December, a date that came along really quickly.  Life drawing always made me a little nervous because I do not really have any experience with drawing people, but I guess that's what the class is for right?  I am interested in the new technique of drawing because I tend to draw everything really
realistic and really have good line quality.  I hope to learn
how to expand my art styles on incorporating more of the contour lines in my designs.  

I wish I had earlier examples of drawings I had to show what kind of style I draw in, but the examples I have here are from my classes last semester.  The top two are for an advertising campaign for a company called Long's Horseradish for my advertising class.  These are only two pieces from that campaign, but the idea was expressing the intense taste that horseradish has.  The other two pictures are from my photography class.  Both are a collaboration of images put together to create an interesting composition.  I have a really wide range of styles I use in all of my work so I want to be able to put some of my drawings in my graphic design work as well.  Its been a few years since I had a drawing class so I am a little hesitant on what is going to happen but overall excited for this semester.  :)  I am overly excited to be back at Stout!!

2 comments:

  1. I like the bottom photo. Its like a microscope kaleidoscope. It has me interested at a distance and finding myself getting closer to the screen to see exactly what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I just went to next blog from mine and there you were. I am a stitcher making totes and purses, I love your photos. They would be so cool as fabric designs, especially the 1st one that is mainly red and white. Hummm I can see it becoming many things.

    ReplyDelete